The first pictures of Wills, Cate and the new future King! You saw them here first….:)
So, time to clean up the peg. This one was tough going but after alot of sanding, repainting and varnishing she looks as good as new again:
The lace from the original was unusuable so I wrapped a new piece around the body of the peg and sewed it together up the back
I always sew where I can. It’s the only way to ensure she doesn’t all fall apart again! All that is left to do now is assemble her back together again….
Ok, you can see from the last post that she is in pretty bad condition!
I gave the pink brocade a wash in something pretty strong, but that glue isn’t shifting. So, only thing to be done with it is to cut off as much as possible and hide the rest in seams and under embellishments! I have attached a fairly white band of lace to the bottom:
The sequins were past being used also, so I found some nice iridescent white ones and sewed these over the ribbon:
The skirt will be sewn together down the end and gathered at the top ready for re-fitting. Next thing to sort is the wooden peg!
When not sure what doll to make next, a take one out of the box that has had a hard life! I felt like an exra challenge this time…
She’s been glued together…everywhere! As you can see the glue has soaked through the lace bodice and all over the skirt fabric even though the skirt has all come unstuck. Time to take her apart and see how she can be revived….
This lovely little Geisha doll was made by Paula for her daughter who was dressing as a Geisha for her school assembly! You can see more pictures of this on Paula’s blog (see below). Thanks for sharing Paula!