This unusual doll came in a lot of dolls. I loved the skirt and as my interest is in peg dolls, I thought I would turn this one into a Gypsy fortune teller. I dismantled the doll carefully in order to be able to reuse as many parts as possible:
I had some plastic pegs made especially for peg doll projects and have never tried them so I thought I would use one for this doll. This is the finished result:
I made a bodice out of satin ribbon and replaced the skirt and the beaded waist band from the original doll. I also re-used the head scarf adding on jump rings for earrings. I gave her a paper flower to hold in new pipe cleaner arms. The face features are moulded into these plastic pegs so I bought the facial features out with acrylic paints.