Restoration part three

So, time to clean up the peg. This one was tough going but after alot of sanding, repainting and varnishing she looks as good as new again:

April 28 013

The lace from the original was unusuable so I wrapped a new piece around the body of the peg and sewed it together up the back

April 28 014

I always sew where I can. It’s the only way to ensure she doesn’t all fall apart again! All that is left to do now is assemble her back together again….

Advertisements

Pink brocade peggie restoration, part two

Ok, you can see from the last post that she is in pretty bad condition!

Pink brocade

I gave the pink brocade a wash in something pretty strong, but that glue isn’t shifting. So, only thing to be done with it is to cut off as much as possible and hide the rest in seams and under embellishments! I have attached a fairly white band of lace to the bottom:

Cut brocade

 

The sequins were past being used also, so I found some nice iridescent white ones and sewed these over the ribbon:

New brocade

 

The skirt will be sewn together down the end and gathered at the top ready for re-fitting. Next thing to sort is the wooden peg!