The first pictures of Wills, Cate and the new future King! You saw them here first….:)
This lovely little Geisha doll was made by Paula for her daughter who was dressing as a Geisha for her school assembly! You can see more pictures of this on Paula’s blog (see below). Thanks for sharing Paula!
Clearing the decks of those little pegs that have been hanging around with no clothes on, or no faces etc. This one was going to be Marie Antoinette but I only got as far as the hair! I was rather instinctive with this one and made a rather fantastical dress up instead! It’s a bit mad but quite good fun…
Or rather a finished one! Time for a spring clean and to finish those peg dolls started but for some reason side lined to the work-in-progress pile. All she needed was a face, hair and arms. Oh yes and a lovely big daisy to ponder over! This fabric appears in another doll on this site, can you spot which one? Another view of her:
I actually hav a few peg doll things to post, but every time I sit down to do it I get interrupted! I hope to get up-to-date soon and try and post a little more often. I’m very excited about an event happening in Oswestry….An olympic peg doll exhibition!
The idea is to make your own doll based on the olympics, and send it to the gallery for the exhibition. The plan is to have 5000 dolls on display by August! You can have a helping hand by buying a kit from the Qube with everything you need to make two peg dollies. They even give you a freepost label to send your doll back, so there really are no excuses! Buy your great value kit from E-bay, just search ‘peg doll’.
Check out their website for more info: www.qube-oca-org.uk
Here are a few dolls already completed to give you some ideas:
So get those brains into gear and see what you can come up with!
So I got all of my dolls out over Christmas and gave them a bit of a sort. Amongst them are some of the first ones I made including this Geisha doll:
The design is a fairly simple one: The fabric is wrapped around the body in a tube and sewn up along the back, and the sleeves are rectangles sewn up along one edge and a pipecleaner threaded through. I made another tube in pink and tied it around her wasit creating two loops which I sewed into place:
I used cotton embroidery thread for the hair which I glued to her head in spirals. I made a bun in the same way and added lengths of wire for her hair ornaments.
Some drops of beads sewn on to the front of her hair finished her off nicely!