The waterslide transfer faces are great for making little peggies, but check this peg doll face out!
She has been covered in fabric, sculpted and painted and is just beautiful. Take a closer look:
The detail continues throughout the whole doll right down to the beads on the front of her dress, the tiny little gold necklace and the ringlets in her hair. Someone has had alot of fun making her!
Clearing the decks of those little pegs that have been hanging around with no clothes on, or no faces etc. This one was going to be Marie Antoinette but I only got as far as the hair! I was rather instinctive with this one and made a rather fantastical dress up instead! It’s a bit mad but quite good fun…
Or rather a finished one! Time for a spring clean and to finish those peg dolls started but for some reason side lined to the work-in-progress pile. All she needed was a face, hair and arms. Oh yes and a lovely big daisy to ponder over! This fabric appears in another doll on this site, can you spot which one? Another view of her:
Now available in my Etsy shop, these embellishments on a peg would make a great Christmas present for that crafty person in your life! Each peg comes wrapped with 1m of funky ribbon, 1 m of matching sequins and a pink butterfly motif. When you have used these, don’t forget there is a peg to use to!
Visit my etsy shop to browse these and other peg dolly items: http://www.etsy.com/shop/sarahhomfray
Thank you to Ann who sent me these little peggies all the way from San Fransisco! I wonder if they have made it back home again?
I was buying fabric today and on my way to the till (through the craft section!) I found these lovely peg doll birthday cards. I wanted to buy the whole set but setted for two (one of which is actualy for someone)!.
I may have to go back and get the others! If anyone wants one, and they are in the UK, you can buy them from Dunelm Mill.
This unusual doll came in a lot of dolls. I loved the skirt and as my interest is in peg dolls, I thought I would turn this one into a Gypsy fortune teller. I dismantled the doll carefully in order to be able to reuse as many parts as possible:
I had some plastic pegs made especially for peg doll projects and have never tried them so I thought I would use one for this doll. This is the finished result:
I made a bodice out of satin ribbon and replaced the skirt and the beaded waist band from the original doll. I also re-used the head scarf adding on jump rings for earrings. I gave her a paper flower to hold in new pipe cleaner arms. The face features are moulded into these plastic pegs so I bought the facial features out with acrylic paints.